Diwali also called as the festival of lights is here. It brings joy to the hearts of the millions of Indians across the world. Bursting wide varieties of crackers is a norm during the season of Diwali and almost all families enjoy the patakas or pattasu.
Here we have listed a few tips for your safety.
- Patients suffering from chronic lung diseases should avoid pollution. Such patients should use masks when going out.
- People can wear earplugs to avoid the sounds from the loud pattakas.
- Young children should only be allowed to play with crackers in the presence of adults.
- Never hold a lit cracker as it may burst.
- Never wear loose fitting clothes.
- If your clothes catch fire, extinguish the fire by putting a blanket on the fire.
- Stock up on medicines as you may not get it on the day of Diwali.
- Keep a first aid kit handy.